Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Week 6: Revising Your GAME Plan

I do believe that I am still strengthening my confidence for implementing technology into my classroom. I personally believe having good instructional practices in place is only half the battle. These strategies must be modified, adapted, and practiced in order to be higly effective. Therefore, I would say I am halfway there!

When I consider then, revising my GAME plan a few thoughts come to mind. One thing that I have learned is a challenge with using technology in the classroom, is more often than not it looks better on paper. Meaning unfortunately, with the use of many of the forms of technology available to me, comes unexpected issues. I have really learned to always be prepared and always have a back up plan! As I said before although I have implemented technology, I don't feel that I am "strong" with using it yet. Therefore, at this point I do not want to change my goals but rather keep them in place and continue to strengthen my abilities in those two areas. I will say that I have begun trying some different methods for collaboration with technology. My goals to extend are in the works. One way that I am continuing to work on collaborating is that I am currently building a list of appropriate and kid-friendly educational websites that I can send home to parents to help review and extend content skills. I would also like to continue to explore technology integration using some of the other learning approaches we have learned in this course!

2 comments:

  1. Sarah,
    I think you speak for many teachers when you talk about technology and facing many unseen challenges. One thing that I am planning on doing is spending time this summer exploring more of the skills and resources that we are learning about. Ifeel if I do it for "fun" rather than for work, I will get more out of it, not to mention I will have much more time. Good luck with your GAME Plan.

    Andrew

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sarah, I appreciate your honestly about running into unexpected difficulties implementing various technologies into the curriculum. Although technology can be a valuable educational tool that enhances student knowledge retention, and allows for differentiated instruction, sometimes it is unnecessary and the same goals can be accomplished with different instructional methods.

    - Justin

    ReplyDelete